Five things I like about myself:
1. I am neat: I used to be very obsessive about this - a result, I believe, of needing to have absolute control over something in my life. Even if my work/school/relationships were crap, I had a clean place. I had a friend once who said she could eat off the floor in my basement. I’ve mellowed over the years, but I still have a place for every thing and want everything to be in its place. I keep a clean, orderly house, even with a toddler. It keeps me sane and provides me with mindless chores when my brain needs a break.
2. My hands: I have rather elegant hands (despite the writer’s callous on my right middle finger that I’ve had since first grade and other scars) and nice fingernails. I can actually use my fingernails as tweezers.
3. My eye color: sometimes blue, sometimes green, with a brown “fever spot” in the right one.
4. My hobbies: Both writing (Tumblr-ing and my novels) and gaming have introduced me to some of my favorite people and closest friends. Some of the best times of my adult life happened last October: Phil stayed with me for almost a week, and the week after, our gaming friends came from all over to meet for weekend-long pen and paper DnD.
5. My lack of filter: I find being blunt, and sometimes abrupt, cuts a lot of bullshit out of relationships. If they want to, my friends and co-workers can know exactly how I feel about anything. I’ve been told by a few people at work that they appreciate my honesty and my willingness to share my opinions. Let’s just hope my promotion and tenure committee feels that way in five years.